Error in frequency analysis

Topics about the HYSPLIT trajectory model.
aerosol
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Error in frequency analysis

Post by aerosol »

I am trying to make a frequency plot. Though I could make INFILE, the error appears after pressing 'Execute Display'. I tried both GUI and command prompt and have attached the error messages. Could you please provide me some insights on how I should fix this error? Thanks in advance!
Attachments
error_GUI.PNG
error_command.PNG
barbara.stunder
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Error in frequency analysis

Post by barbara.stunder »

This seems like it should be working. Try this:
1. Open the file ..\graphics/CLRTBL.CFG in Notepad. See if it looks alright - 4 columns of data.
2. Repeat the run in the command prompt, but use -k0 instead of -k1. That will be Black and White, but still using the CLRTBL.
3. In the command prompt, run conread. You will be asked for the inputs. For the concentration file name enter tfreq.bin. Enter 0 for extended diagnostics and see if you get the grid specs, then a MAX and MIN value. Could then re-run with 1 for extended diagnostics, but if it works for 0, it should work for 1.
4. There is a newer version of hysplit that you could download and then try the concplot command again. By default it installs in directory c:\hysplit (without the "4") (April 2020, Version 5.0.0).
aerosol
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Re: Error in frequency analysis

Post by aerosol »

Thank you!

Return to “Trajectory Model”