different results in calculation of back-trajectories when using splitr

Topics about the HYSPLIT trajectory model.
maiacalvello2
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

different results in calculation of back-trajectories when using splitr

Post by maiacalvello2 »

I'm using splitr to simultaneously calculate trajectories but when comparing the tdump.file downloaded from the Hysplit online model and the one produced by splitr I found differences in trajectories calculation. Attached you can find the config part for the splitr routine.
Attachments
config.docx
Since the default minimum ML height in splitr (kmix parameter) is 250, we added this config part setting kmix to 0 as in Hysplit online version
(11.85 KiB) Downloaded 4876 times
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: different results in calculation of back-trajectories when using splitr

Post by sonny.zinn »

After a trajectory run with READY (or online HYSPLIT), you will see links to the HYSPLIT SETUP file and the HYSPLIT CONTROL file. You might want to download them and compare them with what goes into your splitr calculation.
dswaney
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Re: different results in calculation of back-trajectories when using splitr

Post by dswaney »

I was wondering if you ever received an answer to your question about comparing splitr and hysplit trajectory results...or if you ever determined anything further about the differences. I'm trying to calculate a series of short back trajectories, and am not sure about whether the differences in results between splitr and hysplit have to do with parameter differences, differences in model versions or something else.
Thanks for any insights.
-Dennis Swaney

Return to “Trajectory Model”