modify the color and legend in frequency analysis

Topics about the HYSPLIT trajectory model.
alfredabbe76
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

modify the color and legend in frequency analysis

Post by alfredabbe76 »

Hi everyone,

I am new to HYSPLIT back-trajectory analysis, and I have a question that needs your help.
I am just trying to make the frequency plot of trajectories. However, I find the frequency and its legends are only classified into 4 categories, > 100%, >10%, >1% and >0.1. How I can modify the gradient of frequency into like >50%, >40%, >30%, >20%, >10%, >5%, >3% ... with setting the colors I prefer for each category, e.g., from dark purple, to light blue?
I tried to open the *.ps file with notepad, and searched the lines where gradients, legends and colors are described and modify them. However, I am still not able to achieve the modification. Could you send me your quick guidance on doing this? Thanks!

-Zh
barbara.stunder
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: modify the color and legend in frequency analysis

Post by barbara.stunder »

See the Online Tutorial at https://ready.arl.noaa.gov/HYSPLIT_Tutorials.php, Sec. 6.1 and the HELP file for the program 'concplot' at C:/hysplit4/html/S330.htm. At the Tutorial 6.1 page, see the concplot command used to create the Tutorial frequeny graphic by clicking on either the batch file or linux icons at the top of the page (C:\, penguin).

The trajectory frequency file is in the same format as HYSPLIT concentration file, so the concentration plotting program, concplot, is used.

Return to “Trajectory Model”