run hysplit "error" metinp when need two months data

Topics about the HYSPLIT trajectory model.
ttcqc1990
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

run hysplit "error" metinp when need two months data

Post by ttcqc1990 »

HI,
I'm using the PC version of Hysplit with meteorology data downloaded from ERA-Interim reanalysis.The conversion of ERA-Interim data to ARL format have completed, however, when I run Hysplit backtrajectory,I encounter the "error": to many missing times.

I convert 4-times daily ERA-interim data to ARL format month by month.Then, when I want to simulate the back trajectory from June 4th to May 25 (10days), the model can only simulate to June 1st (data saved in two files). In addition, when I simulate the back trajectory from June 11th to June 1st, I get the results successfully (data saved in one file). I think the problem is the HYSPLIT can't concatenate the ERA data in two files, but I don't know how to solve this problem.

ps:I try to convert two months' ERA data in one file,but the second month's data can't be used.

How can I simulate the back trajectory from June 4th to May 25? Does anyone have a clue on how to solve this problem? Thanks for help!
ttcqc1990
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: run hysplit "error" metinp when need two months data

Post by ttcqc1990 »

I think I found the possible reason for this error. When I check the data, I found the data in each file only have 25 days!

I think my original ERA data is to large (3D file have 2.5G). Thus, I reduce the levels of the ERA 3D file (reduce to 19 levels, 1.7 G).

Then, the model can run nomal.

Return to “Trajectory Model”