Export Trajectory Data to ArcGis

Topics about the HYSPLIT trajectory model.
lucas.mazal
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Export Trajectory Data to ArcGis

Post by lucas.mazal »

Hello everybody,

I'm Lucas Mazal, a french student (please excuse my written english) at Blaise Pascal University, Clermont-Ferrand, France. I'm in need for help about my research.
My work concerns the invasiveness of a tree in the Society Island, French Polynesia. I'm trying to model the trajectory of the seed release from a tree at a certain height in Tahiti island to show that it can reach by itself the other islands in the archipelagos.
To do so I'm using the trajectory model on the HYSPLIT READY Website (Which is really great by the way).

When I compute the trajectory frequency, the results shown are close to my hypothesis but to confirm that I need to display the results in ArcGis.
However, when I try to read the ASCII file at the end, there are no informations about the density of the endpoint trajectory and I cannot use it on Arcmap (I will interpolate the several simulation for a month).
My first question is : Is it possible to do so ? Or do I have to install the pc-version ?

Then, I tried the Trajectory Ensemble model because I think I can use the different trajectories to calculate myself the density of point per grid square in ARcmap.
But to do so, I need to know which are exactly the severals endpoints of the trajectory displayed in the shp. files provided at the end of the simulation. Could you please tell me more about the meaning of each point ?

I thank you for your help with my research,
Best regards,
Lucas.
glenn.rolph
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Export Trajectory Data to ArcGis

Post by glenn.rolph »

It is currently not possible to output the frequency plot in ArcGis format such as shapefiles.

Return to “Trajectory Model”