Daily Runs Backward Trajectories

Topics about the HYSPLIT trajectory model.
sopan
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Daily Runs Backward Trajectories

Post by sopan »

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have converted NARR 32KM data into Hysplit format. I am able to create input files for forward trajectory using Hysplit "Daily Runs" options.
I had tried to create the backward trajectories using Daily runs but it did not work (In the Daily Runs dialogue box I had set up the dates in reverse order, but it did not work). Could you please guide me about how to create backward Trajectories using Hysplit "Daily Runs" ?

Thank You,
Sopan
ariel.stein

Re: Daily Runs Backward Trajectories

Post by ariel.stein »

For your convenience the NARR meteorological dataset has already been converted to ARL and can be found at:
ftp://arlftp.arlhq.noaa.gov/narr/

Also, please follow the instructions from our workshop material and let us know if you have further questions:
http://www.ready.noaa.gov/documents/Tut ... _freq.html
Max Simus
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by Max Simus »

Good afternoon,
Have you solved and found your response? I mean, I am a bit confused about daily trajectories, whether it can be used as backward or forward.
I have tried to create the backward trajectories using Daily runs, but there was the same problem. Advise me, please. Thanks, Max
ariel.stein

Post by ariel.stein »

Please follow the instructions described in the link from my response above. The only change you have to make is instead of running 48 hours forward you run for 48 hours backward. Each individual trajectory will represent a 48 hour back trajectory from the source that you enter in though the GUI.

Return to “Trajectory Model”