Problem getting trajectories clustered

Topics about the trajectory clustering program for HYSPLIT.
egribbin
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Problem getting trajectories clustered

Post by egribbin »

I'm trying to cluster trajectories for a couple of EPA CASTNET ozone sites over a three year period (about 1050 back trajectories for each site). I'm using the 64 bit version of HYSPLIT (June 2015/svn 761). The length of each trajectory is 72 hours. For one monitoring site I was able to get all the trajectories processed/clustered. On the second monitoring site, I hit the "Run cluster analysis" button on the userform. After a short period I received the following error message:

Code: Select all

can not find channel named "0"
can not find channel named "0"
    while executing
"eof $result"
    (procedure "Log" line 3)
    invoked from within
"Log"
The cluster analysis continued to run until 180 passes were completed and then stopped. I tried this process on another computer and got the same error message? Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Erik Gribbin
egribbin

Re: Problem getting trajectories clustered

Post by egribbin »

:oops: First off, I have to apologize for posting the same problem that a different user posted a few months ago and the same problem that I apparently had a couple of years ago (time flies and I'm getting older I guess).

That being said, I followed Ms. Stunder's advice ran cluster.exe from the command line. I did not get a more enlightening error message, but I did notice something else -- the clustering process works consistently! :D Is it possible that there is something in the GUI that is in inhibiting the clustering process for larger numbers of trajectories?

Erik
barbara.stunder

Post by barbara.stunder »

Are you saying the clustering worked when you ran it from the command line, but not in the GUI?
egribbin

Post by egribbin »

Correct! Clustering with about 1050 trajectories is working consistently from the command line, but not from the GUI.

Erik Gribbin
barbara.stunder

Post by barbara.stunder »

Well then it must be something in the GUI, but I don't know offhand what it would be. For now run cluster.exe from the command line, and then you can go back to the GUI for the post-processing.
egribbin

Post by egribbin »

Will do!

Thanks Barbara!

Erik Gribbin

Return to “Cluster Analysis”