How is the relative humidity parameter calculated

pvandewater
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

How is the relative humidity parameter calculated

Post by pvandewater »

I have used hysplit for some time and recently was messing around with generating hourly relative humidity data for specific locations. What I was getting was highly variable at times and other times somewhat respectable numbers (meaning that the were what I expected not necessarily what actually occurs). I have not done an exhaustive search but could not find any quick explanations of how the data is generated within the model. Any help out there?
glenn.rolph

Re: How is the relative humidity parameter calculated

Post by glenn.rolph »

Are you referring to the ability of HYSPLIT to output meteorological variables along a trajectory? Or are you referring to how is RH calculated in HYSPLIT from the meteorological fields and used in chemistry routines in the model?
pvandewater

Post by pvandewater »

I was generating RH values above a single spot on a bi-hourly basis and they seemed at times to be highly variable. The variability went against what i expected, however I must admit that there may be nothing wrong with it. That is why I asked about how the calculations were made.

Cheers
redgee34

Post by redgee34 »

Could you tell me please what is the download size of the data required to run HYSPLIT ? Also are subsequent periodic or ad hoc downloads or updates required ?

Return to “General questions on meteorological data needed for HYSPLIT”