Mixing Height Information and Stability Plots

egribbin
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Mixing Height Information and Stability Plots

Post by egribbin »

I am wanting to use vmixing.exe to generate mixing heights and stability information for various locations for longish time periods. Based on posts elsewhere in "General questions on meteorological data needed for HYSPLIT" I have been able to generate this information for only a month at a time. I ran across a presentation given by Mark Cohen on using vmixing.exe in 2015 (June 30, 2015) which mentioned some example scripts. Are those examples still in existence and accessible? If so, could we get a URL for them? Thanks very much!!

Erik Gribbin
MarkCohen

Re: Mixing Height Information and Stability Plots

Post by MarkCohen »

Hi, this is Mark Cohen. Sorry for the delay in responding to this. I will work to package up the scripts and other explanatory material and provide a URL that they can be downloaded from. Hopefully I'll get this accomplished within the next week or so.
MarkCohen

Post by MarkCohen »

I've updated the Vmixing tutorial, and associated scripts, and have attached them here.

The pdf file is the basic tutorial, and the two zip files contain scripts and results for Windows and for Linux/Mac.

Windows scripts are DOS Batch scripts, and Linux/Mac scripts are Korn Shell. They are simple illustrations of basic operations. To run the scripts, one would have to download the associated met data -- as described in the Tutorial -- and adjust the scripts so that the directory of the met data matches where you have put the met files on your local computer.

Let me know if any problems, questions, or concerns, by replying in this thread.

Thanks,
Mark Cohen
Attachments
working_vmixing_tutorial_WINDOWS.zip
download, unzip, and place in hysplit4 folder alongside working directory. Contains scripts and results.
(170.92 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
working_vmixing_tutorial_Linux_Mac.zip
download, unzip, and place in hysplit4 folder alongside working directory. Contains scripts and results.
(172.03 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
How_to_Use_VMIXING_Nov_2019.pdf
Updated VMIXING tutorial (Nov 2019)
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 482 times
egribbin

Post by egribbin »

Mark,

Thanks very much for following up on this. It will be a big help!

Erik

Return to “General questions on meteorological data needed for HYSPLIT”