ARL DATA ISSUE

faruk
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

ARL DATA ISSUE

Post by faruk »

Dear community and esteemed experts,

I am facing an issue with an ARL data file that was converted from a netCDF file using the MeteoInfoLab software, with the assistance of Mr. Y. Wang. I have successfully visualized and accessed the data using MeteoInfoMap without any problems. However, when I attempt to use the same data in HYSPLIT, specifically with the chk_file or profile options after selecting the "Meteorology" radio button, errors occur.

I have executed several programs located in the "exec" directory, namely chk_files, chk_data, chk_rec, chk_times, and chk_index. These programs have generated some output files, which I have attached as text files. Upon examining the command line outputs, I did not notice any errors. Nevertheless, I kindly request your assistance in identifying the issue that is causing the error. I intend to utilize this data for further analysis, and I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance for your valuable support.

Best regards
Attachments
chk_index_log.txt
(657.21 KiB) Downloaded 1554 times
chk_file_log.txt
(266 Bytes) Downloaded 1608 times
chk_data_log.txt
(114.39 KiB) Downloaded 1559 times
sonny.zinn

Re: ARL DATA ISSUE

Post by sonny.zinn »

chk_file_log.txt contains an error message. The time interval between two successive data points has changed from 30 min to 90 min. This is an error condition to HYSPLIT. The time interval should have been the same in an ARL-formatted meteorological file.
faruk

Post by faruk »

Thank you "sonny.zinn" I am working on it.
faruk

Post by faruk »

Hello,

I've successfully converted the data from the beginning, handling the time separately, and now I'm ready to work on it. It turns out the error was indeed in the time interval, just as you mentioned.

Thank you once again for your helpful tips.

Return to “General questions on meteorological data needed for HYSPLIT”