Fukushima Calculation

Post questions, comments and links to research (research papers, web sites, etc) involving HYSPLIT and radiological nuclides. This section is also to facilitate collaborations between researchers involved in radiological nuclide transport and dispersion.
arl.noaa
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Fukushima Calculation

Post by arl.noaa »

I recently read Draxler and Rolph 2012 JGR- Evaluation of The TCM approach to model the atmospheric radionuclide air concentrations from Fukushima. I tried running it using the web-base calculation and I am wondering is there any released version for the PC? Is it also possible to change the location of the nuclear power plant (NPP)?
glenn.rolph
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Fukushima Calculation

Post by glenn.rolph »

You can construct the matrix from the PC version which includes much of the required software to add emission files, post-process the decay and emissions. However, none of this has been added to the PC GUI interface. Right now we only have the template available on the web for Fukushima. The plan is to make this more generic so that it will be available for future incidents at other locations.
Lyana29omar
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by Lyana29omar »

Dear Sir, i tried to simulate back the Fukushima accident. However, i did not get the right dispersion direction.
The direction of the dispersion should be towards the north-west direction, but i got south-east direction.
only when i click the "backward" function, i got the right direction. i do not know where i did wrong. please someone help.
ariel.stein
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by ariel.stein »

Please send us the CONTROL files you are using for the calculation along with some description of the procedure you are following.

Return to “Radiological”