Formulae behind con2rem

Post questions, comments and links to research (research papers, web sites, etc) involving HYSPLIT and radiological nuclides. This section is also to facilitate collaborations between researchers involved in radiological nuclide transport and dispersion.
klotter
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Formulae behind con2rem

Post by klotter »

Hey,

Despite a detailed review of the relevant sections of the Advanced Tutorial, the HYSPLIT user manual and also of the presentation on radiological application I still lack understanding of some aspects of how the function con2rem is working.
I especially do not fully comprehend, what the flags -x, -z and -g do.

Would it be possible to share the dosimetric formulae con2rem is using?
If the input arguments associated with those flags were displayed as variables I am sure understanding their meaning would be relatively easy.

I ran a series of tests were I made several dose calculations for the same scenario using con2rem with different sets of flags and input parameters.
Some of the things I noted were:
  • the flag -g seems to have no impact on the result whether it is set to -g0 or -g1
  • the flag -z is used in the Advanced Tutorial, when calculating a dose rate and the way I would understand it, is that you can specify a time range within which the dose rate is averaged before displaying it. However if this flag is set I never see a decrease of dose rate over the simulation time, while with no -z flag dose rat is displayed as decreasing when radionuclides decay or the plume moves to other locations.
Many thanks for the help!

Return to “Radiological”