hysplit input

Post questions, comments and links to research (research papers, web sites, etc) involving HYSPLIT and radiological nuclides. This section is also to facilitate collaborations between researchers involved in radiological nuclide transport and dispersion.
Meshari9
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

hysplit input

Post by Meshari9 »

Hi,
I am new user of Hysplit and My project about Radiological impacts in proposed Nuclear Power based on
Hysplit Dispersion Model.

first: FOR Routine discharges, I would like to do it with data cover 20 years by using global NOAA-NCEP pressure level. CAN I do that ? what is the steps ? data is monthly only ? what other parameters do I need it to get routine discharge in bq m-3 and bq m-2 ? Also how can I set receptors for 25, 50, 75, 100, 150 mile ?
Thank you
glenn.rolph
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: hysplit input

Post by glenn.rolph »

Unfortunately this is not something that is easy to provide in a step by step format as there are a lot of steps necessary to run the dispersion model for a long period of time. You need to have a full understanding of the model and how to run a simple concentration example from your location before attempting to setup a run for a long simulation period. We suggest that you run through the basic tutorial (especially sections 7 and 8) to setup a simple run and test it so that you know what each input does. Then you can follow the examples in the Extended tutoral (section 1) to learn how you may want to run a radiological simulation.

Once you understand how to setup a run for a single event, then you can attempt to work on a longer range simulation that will require that you save the particle positions (PARDUMP) to a file when you run out of meteorological data in the meteorological file and then start it up again using additional meteorological data files and reading in the particle dump file to continue the simulation farther in time. Details on particle dump and reading in a PARDUMP file are in the basic tutorial (sections 7.6, 16.1 and 16.2).

The tutorials can be found at:

https://www.ready.noaa.gov/HYSPLIT_Tutorials.php

Return to “Radiological”