Seeking Information on How to Modify Chemistry Module Control File to Use Own Data

Post questions, comments and links to research (research papers, web sites, etc) involving HYSPLIT and chemicals in the atmosphere. This section is also to facilitate collaborations between researchers involved in chemical transport and dispersion.
coellom
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Seeking Information on How to Modify Chemistry Module Control File to Use Own Data

Post by coellom »

Hello Everyone,

I am an engineering student and am fairly new to HYSPLIT. I have successfully ran and used the online and PC downloaded versions of HYSPLIT. Now for an Air Quality Class project I am attempting to use the HYSPLIT Chemistry Module to model SO2 in "VOG" for the volcano Mount Kilauea in Hawaii.

I have not been able to find literature on how I am supposed to modify the control file and respective files to use my own meteorological and SO2 emission data. I wish to use the meteorological data for Hawaii found at [ftp://ftpprd.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/data/ncc ... plit/prod/] and to generate my own SO2 emission data.

I have programming experience and I think if I was able to see what the run_model batch file is doing I would be able to figure out how to modify the control and other files needed to run my own data.

Can someone give me some advice and/or point me in the right direction on how to modify the control and respective files in order to use my own data?

Thank you and take care ,
Merissa
ariel.stein
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Seeking Information on How to Modify Chemistry Module Control File to Use Own Data

Post by ariel.stein »

Hello,

Here is a good reference you can start with:
https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/full/1 ... 14-00150.1

You might want to contact Andre Pattantyus. He has done a fair amount of work on this topic.
Renee.Degutis
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Re: Seeking Information on How to Modify Chemistry Module Control File to Use Own Data

Post by Renee.Degutis »

ariel.stein wrote:
April 20th, 2018, 3:12 pm
Hello,

Here is a good reference you can start with:
https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/full/1 ... 14-00150.1

You might want to contact expert Andre Pattantyus. He has done a fair amount of work on this topic.
Hello Merissa,

I have found the contact page of Andre Pattantyus and his email address akp4221(at) hawaii (dot) edu
And here's his phone number: (808) 956-2574

Best regards,
Renee

Return to “Chemicals”