How to find deposition constants for hazardous chemicals?

Post questions, comments and links to research (research papers, web sites, etc) involving HYSPLIT and chemicals in the atmosphere. This section is also to facilitate collaborations between researchers involved in chemical transport and dispersion.
keithlambkin
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

How to find deposition constants for hazardous chemicals?

Post by keithlambkin »

Hi HYPLIT,

Myself and some colleagues are running a local copy of HYSPLIT under a LINUX environment and every works well.

I am trying to trying to build up a database of hazardous chemicals (>100) which in an emergency situation are preconfigured with HYSPLIT parametrisation (probably as a collection of control files) and ready for immediate use, (just needing location, time and emission rate to run).

I am however finding it very difficult in to source the HYSPLIT parametrisation (e.g. Wet and dry deposition parameters like: Surface Reactivity Ratio, Diffusivity Ratio, Effective Henry's Constant, Actual Henry's constant, In-cloud, Below-cloud etc.).

Is this information available within the HYSPLIT community?

Many Thanks

Keith
ariel.stein
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: How to find deposition constants for hazardous chemicals

Post by ariel.stein »

Unfortunately, we do not have such database. We have examples such as those provided in the following table:
Image26.gif

Return to “Chemicals”