Deposition Amount Calculation

Post questions, comments and links to research (research papers, web sites, etc) involving HYSPLIT and atmospheric dust. This section is also to facilitate collaborations between researchers involved in dust transport and dispersion.
onlyhesam
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Deposition Amount Calculation

Post by onlyhesam »

I want to Calculate the amount of dust deposition in a specific time period (in my case it is one month). To that end, I have set the deposition value base on density and diameter of my dust particle and also I consider the 0m level in height level as described in the online tutorial (https://ready.arl.noaa.gov/documents/Tu ... m_dry.html). I want to make sure that my conclusion about the tutorial is whether right.

Is the last number in the MESSAGE file represented the amount of deposition in Gram?

For example, in my case, I have run the model for 744 hours (one month) and the last part of MESSAGE file is as follows:

is the defined number (in a black rectangular-2.6579079E+10-) represtend the total deposition amount in one month? and what is its dimension?
another moot question for me is that "Does the mass column in the MESSAGE file show the percent of deposition? for example, in the mentioned image is 2.95 percent of dust Mass placed in 0-10 m layer?
barbara.stunder
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Deposition Amount Calculation

Post by barbara.stunder »

Deposition is output on level 0 in the cdump file. The message files gives the total mass.

Return to “Dust”