Message of FTP failed

Post links to publicly available repositories of HYSPLIT formatted meteorological data. Include links to documentation describing the data coverage area, time period, and variables within the data set.
Lourdes
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Message of FTP failed

Post by Lourdes »

Hi,
I'm trying to obtain automated backward trajectories for a site of Europe from June 2006 to June 2008. When I try to set in the Menu Meteorology, Archive, the FNL data apears a message of 'FTP failed:arlftp.arlhq.noaa.gov->/pub/archives/fnl.nh.feb07.001' , this message is showed also if I use Reanalysis. I check that the route of Set server where OK. What could I do?
glenn.rolph

Re: Message of FTP failed

Post by glenn.rolph »

You must be using an older version of PC HYSPLIT as we do not have a download option for FNL data anymore (only a limited set of files are available on the ftp server). So, you might want to download a newer version of PC HYSPLIT and use the GDAS archive data or the Reanalysis data. Not sure why your reanalysis download did not work, but the data is located here if you want to download it manually:

ftp://arlftp.arlhq.noaa.gov/pub/archives/reanalysis/
Lourdes

Post by Lourdes »

Thank you for your answer! I'll download a new version.
Ntwali

Post by Ntwali »

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please I need your help.

I have tried many times from yesterday till today to open the ftp link of meteorological data (NCEP): ftp://arlftp.arlhq.noaa.gov/pub/archives/reanalysis, but the link can't open! Is there any website technical problem?

Last week that link didn't have any problem, but since Saturday it can't open.

Hope to hear from you.

Kind regards.

Didier

Return to “Repositories of HYSPLIT formatted data”