Dat2ARL issue

Post questions and find resources to convert meteorological data into a format HYSPLIT can read.
davidbruggeman815
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Dat2ARL issue

Post by davidbruggeman815 »

I ran the executable dat2arl without making any changes, so the values in GETDATA have not been changed. However, when I run a trajectory with hyts_std using the new data file, it says in the output file: "NOTICE advpnt: trajectory above data domain" and the trajectory sigma pt is not a real number. Are there lines I need to alter in dat2arl for this to work?
ariel.stein

Re: Dat2ARL issue

Post by ariel.stein »

dat2arl is only for testing purposes. It is not mean to provide any real meteorological data.
Here you can find meteorological data already formatted for HYSPLIT: http://ready.arl.noaa.gov/archives.php
davidbruggeman815

Post by davidbruggeman815 »

I'm actually using it for testing purposes, I will be replacing it with real meteorology data access but I wanted to make sure the general values in the subroutine GETDATA made a trajectory. Does dat2arl need extra modifying, beyond the given code, for it to create a trajectory?
ariel.stein

Post by ariel.stein »

Yes, data2arl will need to be modified. Are you going to create your own meteorological data set or you are going to be running a meteorological model such as WRF?

Return to “Conversion programs”