mer2arl help

Post questions and find resources to convert meteorological data into a format HYSPLIT can read.
kmr3675
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

mer2arl help

Post by kmr3675 »

Hi,

A quick question and then longer question (general help) below:

Does the mer2arl converter work on Mac?

I am a new user to HYSPLIT. I have the trajectories working on my Mac computer with NOAA and NCEP data. However, I would like to use it with MERRA-2 data. I have downloaded all of the files associated with the data2arl, including the mer2arl packages but I can’t seem to get them to work. I am new to compiling models and am struggling to find a way to even start. I have tried running the codes provided. And I do see that I need to compile the mer2arl file, however I am a bit lost. I have sifted through the help website and the HYSPLIT user forums to try and find a solution but have had no luck.

Is there any chance someone could help steer me in the right direction? I don’t think I would need much time or guidance, just a push in the right direction.

Thank you for your time,
Jessica
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: mer2arl help

Post by sonny.zinn »

The source code for building mer2arl may be downloaded from https://www.ready.noaa.gov/HYSPLIT_data2arl.php: see the hysplit_data2arl.zip link on the page. Instructions for building the program are described in the COMPILE.txt and READMD.md files.

Return to “Conversion programs”