No "hysplit/library" directory in hysplit_ubuntu

Post questions and find resources to convert meteorological data into a format HYSPLIT can read.
isigalvarez
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

No "hysplit/library" directory in hysplit_ubuntu

Post by isigalvarez »

Hello,
I am learning to use hysplit with scripts in linux. I have download the pre-compiled version of hysplit for ubuntu and everything seems to work fine with the examples. The gui runs smoothly and the scripts works fine as well.

However, when I try to compile the data2arl tools to use different meteorological files, the compiler cannot find the directory "library" within the hysplit installation directory, making all the compilations to fail. I suppose that this folder was not created since I did not have to compile the binaries.

Should I install another version for the "library" directory to be created or is there another way to sort this out?

Thank you very much in advance.
glenn.rolph

Re: No "hysplit/library" directory in hysplit_ubuntu

Post by glenn.rolph »

We just added the hysplit library file to the Ubuntu distribution. Please download it again.

NOAA ARL
isigalvarez

Post by isigalvarez »

Hello again,
I have downloaded the files again and the data2arl tools compile without any problem.

Thank you very much for your quick response.
jrpreece
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by jrpreece »

Hello,

I'm running into this exact problem, but when using the publicly available Windows executable for installation. I would like to be able to compile the mer2arl program. Are the HYSPLIT libraries and data conversion programs meant to only be available in the registered versions of hysplit? Or, is there a way to compile mer2arl using the Windows public version?

Regards,

Jonathon

Return to “Conversion programs”