SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault

Post questions and find resources to convert meteorological data into a format HYSPLIT can read.
Fantine

Re: SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault

Post by Fantine »

I was able to convert your wrfout file successfully, running with the Linux and PC version. You may need to check your netCDF library.
Oleg
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by Oleg »

Thank you, Fantine, for your reply.
Honestly, the error looks weird. The NetCDF library appears to be installed correctly. At least the WRF model (v4.3) was installed and it works correctly with the same NetCDF on the same machine (the wrfout-file included in my previous post is a proof). Besides, the calwrf converter was also compiled and it runs correctly with the same NetCDF on the same machine.
Could you please give me a hint where I can find the code of the PAKSET function that seems to produce this error?
Fantine

Post by Fantine »

PAKSET is in ${your hysplit directory]/library/hysplit
Another check is ... was your netcdf library compiled with the same compiler used to install HYSPLIT?
Fantine

Post by Fantine »

PAKSET is in ${your hysplit directory]/library/hysplit
Another check is ... was your netcdf library compiled with the same compiler used to install HYSPLIT?
Oleg

Post by Oleg »

I used the precompiled version of HYSPLIT.
I will apply for the HYSPLIT source code and try to compile it on my machine.
Thanks a lot for your replies!
Oleg

Post by Oleg »

The problem was solved after obtaining HYSPLIT source code and its compilation with NetCDF library preinstalled on the machine. All HYSPLIT components seem to work properly, including ARW2ARL convertor. At least, wrfout files were converted to the ARL format.
Thank again for your help, Fantine!

Return to “Conversion programs”