Cluster Analisys Question

Post any questions or comments regarding the LINUX version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to mention the version of LINUX you are using.
koyo
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Cluster Analisys Question

Post by koyo »

I am currently developing my final semester project aimed to studying the transport of pollutants affecting one air quality station. Initially, I am working with back trajectories of 96 hours long over a period of 10 years to obtain about 14600 paths to which I want to apply cluster analysis. However, I found that the module incorporated in HYSPLIT has a memory limitation issues\ that only allows me to work at most with 1000 trajectories.

Is this limitation due to hardware or development/compilation issues? Does anyone could help me overcome this limitation? If isn't possible Is there a tool to carry out this analysis with this volume of information, where I could get it?

Thank you very much for your help.
barbara.stunder

Re: Cluster Analisys Question

Post by barbara.stunder »

In the HYSPLIT trajectory cluster analysis program there is no maximum number of trajectories defined. Memory issues are due to computer hardware. This is why there are options to skip endpoints along the trajectory and/or skip trajectories. Our work has only involved several hundreds of trajectories.
koyo

Post by koyo »

Barbara.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Could you help me establish the hardware specifications to run the analysis I want?
barbara.stunder

Post by barbara.stunder »

We do not have any sort of table that shows what memory is required for any number of trajectories.

Return to “HYSPLIT for LINUX”