Hysplit setup without using GUI

Post any questions or comments regarding the LINUX version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to mention the version of LINUX you are using.
Souri_Atm
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Hysplit setup without using GUI

Post by Souri_Atm »

Hello,
Since I want to run the model for a long time period using multiprocessors, I really need to setup hysplit on a clustered-machine which lacks monitor!
I've already compiled the model, but my big issue is that I don''t know what executable files I should run to get the results (NARR input, Houston city, from 2000 to 2014, 3days backward trajectories).
Is there any way to see what files TCL calls when I am using GUI in Windows version?
Should I use the testing folder only?
Thank you in advance,

Amir Hossein Souri
Research Assistant
Atmospheric Sciences Graduate Student
University of Houston
[email] asouri@uh.edu
daved
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Re: Hysplit setup without using GUI

Post by daved »

Something that helped me was the hysplit tutorial. If you go to a given tutorial example (lets pick this one for simplicity, and click the little penguinthen you download a shell script that will run hysplit. Minor modifications may be necessary depending on the install location. I installed HYSPLIT4 to my home directory, and placed the tutorial files in $HOME/Tutorial/captex, thus the shell scripts work more or less out of the box. The shell scripts are great for one-off runs.
Souri_Atm
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Hysplit setup without using GUI

Post by Souri_Atm »

Thanks to both of you.
I eventually managed to use MATLAB and modify CONTROL file for a loop of different hours, days, months and years and subsequently execute hyts_std by using:

Code: Select all

unix('./hyts_std');
It took 4 days for 15 year 3day backward trajectory strated from 50 in-situ observations in Houston by using NARR .

Amir Hossein Souri
Research Assistant
Atmospheric Sciences Graduate Student
University of Houston
[email] asouri@uh.edu

Return to “HYSPLIT for LINUX”