Linux problems.

Post any questions or comments regarding the LINUX version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to mention the version of LINUX you are using.
SMM
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Linux problems.

Post by SMM »

Hello everyone.
I'm facing a very specific problem with Hysplit and I can't find any solution.

I follow the 2022 tutorial workshop and back then I installed Hysplit on my pc laptop.
I'm working with WRF and I want to model my own meteorological data into Hysplit.

The system that I use for WRF is Linux (Ubuntu 22.04) and I followed the tutorial again in order to install and utilize Hysplit but now in Linux system.
I followed the tutorial exercises with NAM data and my site location coordinates, but now I'm trying to convert my WRF data to ARL compatible form through the GUI but does not work. Then I realized that arw2arl exec is not in any directory, I have installed NetCDF libraries correctly but the make order does not work, and I have "undefined reference" errors with some variables. These variables are the ones in the arw2arl Makefile (get1dv, get2dv, get3dv, get4dv, getdim, setmap and setvar), the variables related with NetCDF libraries are different (typically 'nf_get_att_real_' or 'nf_put_att_real_' kind of variables) .

Now, I think that uninstall and re-install Hysplit could help but I don't know how to do that through a terminal in LINUX and I couldn't find information about it.
Where I can find instructions?

Note:
I have the pre-compiling distribution and not registered version, could this reason causing the problem?

Thank you in advance.
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Linux problems.

Post by sonny.zinn »

This post is essentially the same as viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2721. Please see the other post.

Return to “HYSPLIT for LINUX”