Multiple concentration runs at a time using a batch script

Post any questions or comments regarding the LINUX version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to mention the version of LINUX you are using.
sampls
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Multiple concentration runs at a time using a batch script

Post by sampls »

I am running into issues when using a slurm script to submit multiple HYSPLIT concentration runs simultaneously. I have a script written to submit 10 different concentration runs for 10 different time periods to the compute node of the supercomputer. When I submit the group of files, I get various errors that I don't get when running each execution file individually. I am running using a single node for each job. Does this have to do with each concentration run trying to use the same working folder (and thus MESSAGE and WARNING file) simultaneously? How can I go about running several concentration runs at the same time? Let me know if you need any additional information.
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Multiple concentration runs at a time using a batch script

Post by sonny.zinn »

The CONTROL file and the SETUP.CFG file may be named as CONTROL.N and SETUP.N for each individual run where N is an identifier for each run. N may be a number. Start HYSPLIT with N. For example, hycs_std N. This way multiple HYSPLIT calculations can run in the same work directory.

Return to “HYSPLIT for LINUX”