No speed-up with hycm_std

Post any questions or comments regarding the LINUX version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to mention the version of LINUX you are using.
lesnow93
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

No speed-up with hycm_std

Post by lesnow93 »

Hello forum,

Before posting, I looked over existing threads on this topic, but none have solved my problem yet.

I am running dust dispersion runs using ichem=3 on our linux cluster with 28-core nodes, using the pre-compiled HYSPLIT installation hysplit.v5.1.0_RHEL6.10. When I try running hycm_std (parallel) in place of hycs_std (serial), I see no speed-up or slight degradation in performance, no matter how many processors I specify (2, 4, 8, etc.). I tried varying mgmin between 1 and 300 (according to another thread), but this doesn't impact performance either. I'm running as "mpirun -np # ../exec/hycsm_std", where # is the number of processors. FYI, I have confirmed that I see multiple jobs running when doing a "top" command.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Do I need to consider obtaining the source and compiling on our system to realize the parallel performance improvement? I have included the SETUP.CFG, MESSAGE, and CONTROL files.

Sincerely,
Jonathan Case
NASA/SPoRT Center
Attachments
MESSAGE_20220120_simple+climo_dep5m+1vv_initd1.txt
(109.88 KiB) Downloaded 1951 times
CONTROL.txt
(10.43 KiB) Downloaded 1910 times
SETUP.CFG.txt
(688 Bytes) Downloaded 1967 times

Return to “HYSPLIT for LINUX”