krand

Post any questions or comments regarding the LINUX version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to mention the version of LINUX you are using.
poprostudaria
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

krand

Post by poprostudaria »

Hi,
I have a question about krand parameter. I want to run dispersion model with about 70 000 point emitors. To do that, there is a need to use huge number of particles. I have read in user guide, that when numpar is greater that 5000 krand should be equal to 1. I set this parameter to 1 but then after the whole run, I do not have txt files with my results (I turn off the plot making, because of too long time of simulation). If krand is equal to 2 I obtain files. Could you tell me how krand works and why I do not have results when krand=1?
Second question - is HYSPLIT designed to so much numbers of emitors? I mean - the simulation take so long time (for only one day of data it can take a few days to count it and I need to count dispersion for a few months) I do not know how can I speed it up? As attachement I send my conc.cfg file, maybe it will be helpful somehow.
I will be very grateful for any advices.
Best regards,
Daria
Attachments
conc.txt
(839 Bytes) Downloaded 558 times

Return to “HYSPLIT for LINUX”