HYSPLIT Parallel mode installation

Post any questions or comments regarding the LINUX version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to mention the version of LINUX you are using.
sreeds82
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

HYSPLIT Parallel mode installation

Post by sreeds82 »

Dear HYSPLIT Team,
I am trying to install HYSPLIT parallel mode.
I have installed with gfortran and also with intel fortran.
I dont find any differences with single core and multi-core jobs. The time taking is same.

Is there any problem in installing the code?

There was no error in the installation.

Could you please suggest me, with intel, and or with gfortran what compiles I should use?

Many thanks in advance
Srinivas
Fantine

Re: HYSPLIT Parallel mode installation

Post by Fantine »

The executable running with multiprocessor is hycm_std, not hysc_std (this is for single processor). You will need to modify the Makefile in the exec directory to generate it. There are answers in the forum that may be helpful to you:
viewtopic.php?t=394
sreeds82

Post by sreeds82 »

Hi,
I have compiled the code using mpich and gfortran. I got the hycm_std and used the same.
My query is, i dont find the computing time differences between the usage of parallel and single core executables.

Are there any standard Makefiles, Could you please share with me if any Makefile to understand the mpi flags using gfortran and mpif90 (mpich).

And how many processors I can use to run model? is there any optimization of code?

Many thanks
Srinivas
christopher.loughner
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by christopher.loughner »

HYSPLIT run with MPI should be faster. To run HYSPLIT from the testing directory and to keep track of the computational time use the following commands:

with MPI using 4 CPUs:
time -v mpirun -np 4 ../exec/hycm_std

serially:
time -v ../exec/hycs_std

The only thing you need to change in the Makefile in the exec directory is to add hycm_std in the all block (the block of code that starts with "all :"). After that all you need to do is run the compile script (compile.sh in the hysp_new directory).

Review the thread Fantine pointed you to for other pointers: viewtopic.php?t=394
sreeds82

Post by sreeds82 »

Hi
Many thanks for guiding me with the right methodology.
I could run the model on parallel mode.

I have two query?
Could you please guide me,

(1)how to move the lat/long values on the concentration map to the beginning of map (like x-axis and y-axis values (longitude on x-axis and latitude on y-axis) .

(2) How can I add a station name with latitude and longitude information.

Many thanks in advance

Srinivas
barbara.stunder

Post by barbara.stunder »

Fabio.Dioguardi

Post by Fabio.Dioguardi »

Hi,

I have a query regarding the parallel mode.
I have managed to compile and run the code in parallel. However, when using concplot (exactly the same command that I use successfully for serial application), I always receive a segmentation fault error.
I am therefore wondering whether there is any particular way to use concplot for interpreting data produced with the parallel execution?

Thanks
Regards
Fabio

Return to “HYSPLIT for LINUX”