Updating HYSPLIT for LINUX

Post any questions or comments regarding the LINUX version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to mention the version of LINUX you are using.
cba
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Updating HYSPLIT for LINUX

Post by cba »

Dear Forum,

I am having trouble using update.sh after downloading HYSPLIT with wget as described here: https://ready.arl.noaa.gov/documents/Tu ... _unix.html.

1) I tried using the options server and version. I am unsure what to enter at the prompt asking for version. When I tried entering 838 for the version (which is the revision number listed when I type svn info), the code seemed to run without problems but delivered the following messages at the end:
tail: -: No such file or directory
mv: version1.inc: No such file or directory
mv: version2.inc: No such file or directory

2) I tried using the options server and checkout. It seemed to complete the first part of the script without problems, but then showed a summary of 7 tree conflicts: one for each file and folder in the hysplit directory. This was followed by the same messages as above:
tail: -: No such file or directory
mv: version1.inc: No such file or directory
mv: version2.inc: No such file or directory

I believe I have the current version of svn, as before doing the above steps I used homebrew to install it (brew install svn).

Thank you for your help,

CBA
cba

Re: Updating HYSPLIT for LINUX

Post by cba »

I think I found the problem - the update.sh code had an extra dash in it that was causing it to fail:

The downloaded code read: svn ${user} info $repo | tail -n3 - >version.txt

It worked once I changed it to this: svn ${user} info $repo | tail -n3 >version.txt
glenn.rolph

Post by glenn.rolph »

Yes, are you using a Mac? We have been investigating this problem and noticed the "-" caused an issue on the Mac.
ariel.stein

Post by ariel.stein »

We have updated the update.sh script to correct this issue for a Mac OS.
cba

Post by cba »

Yes, it is a Mac. Thank you!

Return to “HYSPLIT for LINUX”