HYSPLIT on Mac OS Mojave

Post any questions or comments regarding the Mac OS X version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to mention the version of OS you are using.
bradleymarkle
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

HYSPLIT on Mac OS Mojave

Post by bradleymarkle »

Is anyone running the downloadable HYSPLIT for mac version on the Mojave OS? I've been running the model fine on older versions of the OS but cannot seem to get it to run on Mojave. I've tried reinstalling it and Tcl/Tk a number of times. Anyone else having a similar issue or know why it might not be working? I know that the current hysplit is tested for OSX 10.10 and 10.12 but not for 10.14 (Mojave). Thanks for any thoughts at all!
Cheers,
Brad
ariel.stein

Re: HYSPLIT on Mac OS Mojave

Post by ariel.stein »

To make HYSPLIT run in Mojave you will have to go to System Preferences and then to Security & Privacy. Under the Privacy tab look for Accessibility. You should check the HYSPLIT4 icon in the window.
Also, once the HYSPLIT Graphical User Interface launches you will not be able to see the buttons (we are still trying to figure out this issue). However, if you resize the window the labels will appear.
roland.draxler

Re: HYSPLIT on Mac OS Mojave

Post by roland.draxler »

The issue is with the desktop app that launches HYSPLIT. There are two solutions. One is to start hysplit from the terminal window in the working directory by typing ../guicode/hysplit4.tcl. If you want to launch it from the desktop, create a new file called hysplit4.sh with the following contents:

#!/bin/sh
cd ${HOME}/Hysplit4/working
../guicode/hysplit4.tcl &
osascript -e 'tell application "Terminal" to close first window' & exit

and place it on the desktop. To make it run, you need to assign it to open with the "terminal app". Also you can copy the icon from hysplit4.app to hysplit4.sh.

Return to “HYSPLIT for Mac OS X”