ERA52ARL code compilation error

Post any questions or comments regarding the Mac OS X version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to mention the version of OS you are using.
wtbjglp
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Re: ERA52ARL code compilation error

Post by wtbjglp »

Anna wrote:
July 16th, 2021, 7:27 am
sonny.zinn wrote:
June 3rd, 2021, 10:00 am
I realized that the HYSPLIT distribution for macOS does not contain the libhysplit.a file. The missing subroutines pakinp, pakndx, etc. are in the HYSPLIT library file. I will contact you via email.
Hello,

I am a first time HYSPLIT user and installed the May 2021 Release (Version 5.1.0) on a macOS. I have installed the ECMWF ecCodes package as well. I wish to convert ERA5 grib files to ARL format and thought I would use the era52arl.f program, but encountered the same problem that seethala.chellappan described in a previous post. Would it be possible to get access to the HYSPLIT library file that seems to be missing? My error is pasted below.

Kind regards,
Anna

ld: warning: dylib (/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/11.1.0_1/lib/gcc/11/libgfortran.dylib) was built for newer macOS version (11.3) than being linked (11.2)
ld: warning: dylib (/usr/local/Cellar/gcc/11.1.0_1/lib/gcc/11/libquadmath.dylib) was built for newer macOS version (11.3) than being linked (11.2)
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"_pakinp_", referenced from:
_MAIN__ in cchUTIw8.o
"_pakndx_", referenced from:
_MAIN__ in cchUTIw8.o
"_pakrec_", referenced from:
_MAIN__ in cchUTIw8.o
"_pakset_", referenced from:
_MAIN__ in cchUTIw8.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Hello,

Did you find a solution to the problem in your post? I also installed the May 2021 Release (Version 5.1.0) on a macOS and found that both the HYSPLIT library and the Makefile.inc file are missing in the distribution. I am also trying to convert ERA5 GRIB files to ARL format but I cannot execute the era52arl.f program. The below is the error message when I type 'make' in the hysplit/data2arl/era52arl directory:
Makefile:18: ../../Makefile.inc: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '../../Makefile.inc'. Stop.
I appreciate any advice.
rmoore
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by rmoore »

Hi!

I am also having similar difficulty, when I run make to make the grib2arl files I get

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L../library'

Ruth
rmoore

Post by rmoore »

Hi, I am also having this identical issue and was wondering if you got anywhere with this?

Thanks,
Ruth
rmoore

Post by rmoore »

Hi there,

I am also having this issue and find the solutions prescribed in the thread hard to follow - so am not sure how do go about getting the files to work for converting ERA5 to ARL files.

Would installing an older version of Hysplit fix this?

Thanks
J7S

Post by J7S »

sonny.zinn wrote:
June 3rd, 2021, 10:00 am
I realized that the HYSPLIT distribution for macOS does not contain the libhysplit.a file. The missing subroutines pakinp, pakndx, etc. are in the HYSPLIT library file. I will contact you via email.
Hi there, I am having the same issue when compiling the era52arl.f90 file. I wonder how the missing libhysplit.a file issue on mac can be solved?
Thank you!
sonny.zinn

Post by sonny.zinn »

There is a zip file containing the source code for a subset of the HYSPLIT library for compiling many HYSPLIT data converters. Download the hysplit_data2arl.zip from https://www.ready.noaa.gov/HYSPLIT_data2arl.php. The zip file also contains the source code for data converters.
J7S

Post by J7S »

Thank you so much Sonny for your prompt reply! This resource is helpful! Is there a more specific guide on how to compile the subroutines in the library? This is new to me.
J7S

Post by J7S »

sonny.zinn wrote:
December 8th, 2022, 7:38 am
There is a zip file containing the source code for a subset the HYSPLIT library for compiling many HYSPLIT data converters. Download the hysplit_data2arl.zip from https://www.ready.noaa.gov/HYSPLIT_data2arl.php. The zip file also contains the source code for data converters.
Thank you!! Making libhysplit.a in the library and linking the library has solved this issue!
kmr3675

Post by kmr3675 »

Has anyone compiled and gotten this going for MERRA2? I am having these same issues compiling the mer2arl code and am having trouble figuring it out. I have looked at the Makefiles and Compile text and examples, but I am new to all of this so I don't really know what to do. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Return to “HYSPLIT for Mac OS X”