How to download model?

Post any questions or comments regarding the Desktop PC version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to include the operating system you are using (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
blueman
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Re: How to download model?

Post by blueman »

glenn.rolph wrote:You need to unzip them into a folder and then run each of them to install the software on your computer. These programs provide the GUI interface and PostScript graphics display.
I did that, now I load the Hysplit and when I open it, I get a notepad window. Now what? Sorry, but the directions a very poor.
glenn.rolph
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by glenn.rolph »

When you say you open HYSPLIT, what do you mean. In order to start HYSPLIT after the graphical utilities and the model have been installed (by clicking on each of the exe files), you just double click on the HYSPLIT icon on your desktop.
blueman

Post by blueman »

Got it running. This can be closed. Thank you.
blueman

Post by blueman »

I've made some major progress. The Hysplit program now opens. I am now trying to display the sample run and it's looking for gsview32.exe. Specifically C:/Ghostgum/gsview32.exe. I've looked eerywhere and can't find it. If I go to Advanced, configuration setting, set directories Ghostview path executable, I see that file. Then I get lost again and don't know what to do with it. I have attached a screenshot of where I am.
gsview.png
glenn.rolph

Post by glenn.rolph »

Its possible your gsview.exe file is located in C:\Program Files\Ghostgum directory. Once you figure out where it is, set this location in the directory setup GUI and then save the results.
blueman

Post by blueman »

I changed C:/Ghostgum/gsview32.exe to C:/Program Files/Ghostgum/gsview32.exe. Savrun the display.ed it, tried the program again and still did not run the display. It's still looking for gsview32.exe. Do I need to modify something in Hysplit4 also?
glenn.rolph

Post by glenn.rolph »

You first need to make sure gsview.exe is in that directory on your computer. On mine it is actually in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ghostgum\gsview\ Use your windows explorer to find the file on your computer, then put that directory into the program.
blueman

Post by blueman »

Things are going better, I have a few more wrinkles to iron out. The first one is my location setup, the co-ordinates I enter are 15.75, 107.00, 50.00 . When I go to run, I get this error "all soure points off all meteo grids!". I checked the Directories and everything looks like its OK. Are my co-ordinates invalid? Do I need to use the listed co-ordinates? I could not send screen shots, the file size was too big.
glenn.rolph

Post by glenn.rolph »

Longitudes are negative for west, so if you are trying to run for 15.75N and 107.00W, then you need to enter it as 15.75 -107.00 50.00 with no commas. Otherwise if you intend to run for 107.00E than you need to make sure the meteorological data you are using covers that part of the world.
blueman

Post by blueman »

I have the program fully loaded, I think, and operational. You were right, the program right now is setup for only North America. I searched in vain to find out how to change that. I'm interested in Viet Nam. I did down load the South East Asia file but that didn't help. Should I start a new thread to do this?

Return to “HYSPLIT for PCs”