HYSPLIT doesn't access tcl in Windows 8

Post any questions or comments regarding the Desktop PC version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to include the operating system you are using (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
jwestbrook
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

HYSPLIT doesn't access tcl in Windows 8

Post by jwestbrook »

I installed the graphics utilities before installing HYSPLIT4 (64-bit registered version) on a PC running Windows 8. After clicking on the desktop icon to run HYSPLIT, a message appears asking if I want to open or save "hysplit4.tcl". It seems that neither "open" or "save" function, and HYSPLIT fails to execute. Any assistance will be appreciated.
glenn.rolph
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: HYSPLIT doesn't access tcl in Windows 8

Post by glenn.rolph »

This sometimes will occur if you install HYSPLIT before installing the utility programs (TCL, gsview, Ghostscript, and ImageMagick). Try reinstalling HYSPLIT if you already installed the utility programs to see if HYSPLIT can find them.
barbaradoris2
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by barbaradoris2 »

I got the same issue with my laptop, but after a re installation it was solved. Have you reinstalled win.8?
Jeremy.Bland
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by Jeremy.Bland »

That's how I got it working too I reinstalled windows 8 and it seemed to be all right.

Return to “HYSPLIT for PCs”