Problem with cluster analysis. file INFILE

Post any questions or comments regarding the Desktop PC version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to include the operating system you are using (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
aamurillo
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Problem with cluster analysis. file INFILE

Post by aamurillo »

Hi, I am doing a cluster analysis but i obtain this error message.

Model started ... it is slower at the beginning
Started Cluster (Version: April 2015)
Number of trajectories in INFILE: 32
ERROR header info, but no endpts - delete file or remove from INFILE
C:/hysplit/working/21fwrd21101621

check the INFILE file, all the paths are there and there are no blank spaces.

Can you please help me why this error is coming and how I can deal with it.
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Problem with cluster analysis. file INFILE

Post by sonny.zinn »

According to the error message, the trajectory dump file, C:/hysplit/working/21fwrd21101621, does not contain trajectory endpoints. Check if the corresponding trajectory run was successful or not. Rerun it if it is necessary or drop it from the INFILE file.
aamurillo

Post by aamurillo »

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I did the procedure to run the cluster again and changed the name of the output file and I still get the same error.
Regarding the execution of the trajectory, I made the run for trajectory and it was successful.
attached files
Attachments
INFILE.txt
(1.48 KiB) Downloaded 6482 times
cluster.PNG
cluster.PNG (10.62 KiB) Viewed 22020 times
sonny.zinn

Post by sonny.zinn »

Per the error message, I suspect there was an issue with the content in fwrd14_1821101821. A trajectory dump file is an ASCII text file. It follows the format described in https://www.ready.noaa.gov/hysplitusersguide/S263.htm. See if fwrd14_1821101821 has entries for Record #6 and its repetitions.
aamurillo

Post by aamurillo »

Thanks for your reply. I did the procedure you recommended and this was the result, also attach other files.
Attachments
GIS_traj_html_01ATT.txt
(3.72 KiB) Downloaded 6462 times
GIS_traj_html_01.txt
(4.38 KiB) Downloaded 6511 times
TRAJ ENDPOINTS.txt
(11.17 KiB) Downloaded 6493 times
sonny.zinn

Post by sonny.zinn »

Is "TRAJ ENDPOINTS.txt" actually fwrd14_1821101821? The first line in the text file, i.e., "TRAJECTORY ENDPOINTS FILE LISTING ...", is non-compliant with the trajectory file format. Is the line you added prior to attaching the file to your post? Otherwise, lines 2 to the end look fine to me.

To further diagnose the issue, why don't you run the xcluster_svg.bat script in your hysplit/testing directory? The script performs clustering using trajectory dump files provided with HYSPLIT distribution and creates TRAJPLOT_MEAN.HTML showing the end result. To run the script, open a Windows terminal (which is done by clicking the Start icon on the taskbar, Windows Systems, and Command Prompt) and change directory to your hysplit installation's testing directory (for example, "cd c:\hysplit\testing"). Type xcluster_svg.bat and hit the enter key. If the TRAJPLOT_MEAN.HTML file appears and the plot in the file shows three clustered trajectories, you will know that the HYSPLIT cluster program is working.
aamurillo

Post by aamurillo »

Test for cluster program operation and it works fine.
ok thanks for helping me with the problem.

Return to “HYSPLIT for PCs”