I have been trying to use the convert program to trim the white space around the edge of the hysplit plots using the

Post any questions or comments regarding the Desktop PC version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to include the operating system you are using (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

I have been trying to use the convert program to trim the white space around the edge of the hysplit plots using the

Post by sonny.zinn »

[Note that the question and the answer below are recreated from a HYSPLIT FAQ site that predates this forum site. The original posting date is unknown.]

Question:
I have been trying to use the convert program to trim the white space around the edge of the hysplit plots using the ImageMagik ‘convert -trim’ command. This seems to have no effect on the image. The ‘-crop IxJ’ option has limited success. Is this an underlying issue with the .ps files that trajplot and concplot create?

Answer:
The latest versions of Imagemagick changed the cropping function. Instead of -crop 0x0 use -trim +page

Roland Draxler

Return to “HYSPLIT for PCs”