I am attempting to run the HYSPLIT model daily for a 10 year period. I received the error message “*ERROR* runset:

Post any questions or comments regarding the Desktop PC version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to include the operating system you are using (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

I am attempting to run the HYSPLIT model daily for a 10 year period. I received the error message “*ERROR* runset:

Post by sonny.zinn »

[Note that the question and the answer below are recreated from a HYSPLIT FAQ site that predates this forum site. The original posting date is unknown.]

Question:
I am attempting to run the HYSPLIT model daily for a 10 year period. I received the error message

“*ERROR* runset: Numb meteo grids exceed DEFGRID limit – 12”

Is there a restriction of the length the model can run for? If so how do I get around this or do I have to restrict it to a single year?

Answer:
Yes there is a limit of 12 files. Certainly the model could be recompiled to support more but this is not a practical solution for simulations over long periods. You would have to extract the individual trajectories from a single output file. A better solution would be to run the model from a batch file or script, varying the start dates and naming the output files accordingly. Sample scripts can be found in the PC distribution under the examples/scripts directory.

Roland Draxler

Return to “HYSPLIT for PCs”