I downloaded some archived files from the ftp site, and when I ask the model to use them I get the following error

Post any questions or comments regarding the Desktop PC version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to include the operating system you are using (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

I downloaded some archived files from the ftp site, and when I ask the model to use them I get the following error

Post by sonny.zinn »

[Note that the question and the answer below are recreated from a HYSPLIT FAQ site that predates this forum site. The original posting date is unknown.]

Question:
I am using the PC version of the model on a Windows NT computer and am having trouble running it. I downloaded some archived files from the ftp site, and when I ask the model to use them I get the following error:

HYSPLIT4 (Dec 98) – Initialization
Unable to find file: JUN98.BIN
On local directory : C:/HYSPLIT4/METDATA
Check input CONTROL file for correct values
Stop – Program terminated.

I edited the control file by taking out the relative reference pathfile and put in the specific fully qualified directory path C:/hysplit4/metdata/ Do you have any suggestions on how to correct this problem?

Answer:
The directory character string needs to terminate with either / or \:

on a unix system: /dir1/dir2/
or on a PC c:\dir1\dir2\

That should solve your problem.

Roland Draxler

Return to “HYSPLIT for PCs”