Why do I get this message when trying to run PC Hysplit: “C:\hysplit4\guicode\hysplit4.tcl is not a valid Win32

Post any questions or comments regarding the Desktop PC version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to include the operating system you are using (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Why do I get this message when trying to run PC Hysplit: “C:\hysplit4\guicode\hysplit4.tcl is not a valid Win32

Post by sonny.zinn »

[Note that the question and the answer below are recreated from a HYSPLIT FAQ site that predates this forum site. The original author and the posting date are unknown.]

Question:
Why do I get this message when trying to run PC Hysplit: “C:\hysplit4\guicode\hysplit4.tcl is not a valid Win32 application”?

Answer:
For some reason the operating system is not recognizing that it needs to open a file with a .tcl extension with wish84.exe. Therefore from explorer open folder options, file types, and see if TCL is on the list and asscociated with ActiveTclScript and under advanced the open statement should trigger the following: “C:\Tcl\bin\wish84.exe” “%1” %*

Return to “HYSPLIT for PCs”