Trajectory frequency plot

Post any questions or comments regarding the Desktop PC version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to include the operating system you are using (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
arl.noaa
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Trajectory frequency plot

Post by arl.noaa »

I’m learning HYPLIT trajectory model and have a question need your help. After running a trajectory frequency display, I can get a trajectory frequency plot. My question is can I get the data of the result so that I can plot the trajectory by myself use other software?

Many thanks in advance for your help!
glenn.rolph
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Trajectory frequency plot

Post by glenn.rolph »

The output of the trajectory frequency program is a binary file (tfreq.bin) in the same format as the binary concentration output and is written to the /working directory. You can find more details about this using the help file on your PC.
panggabean
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Post by panggabean »

Hello,

I also have some difficulties of trying to execute trajectory frequency plot display. I ran daily trajectory from March 8 2013 to April 1-9 2013 and I continued to display execution step, but after I hit "execute display" button, following simulation log appeared

This is the message appeared on the simulation log:
"gridding: trajfreq -ftfreq.bin -g1.0 -INFILE -r0 -s0: 99999
ERROR: supports only one trajectory per input file"

I use Acer Aspire 5310 2 GB DDR2 Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit OS.

Could anyone please help me solve this problem?
Thank you in advance.
barbara.stunder

Post by barbara.stunder »

The trajectory frequency program is saying there can only be one trajectory per input (tdump) file. Did you run trajectories from 3 levels? If so, you need to re-run with one level only.
barbara.stunder

Post by barbara.stunder »

The error message is implying there is more than one trajectory in a tdump file. Is that the case? For example multiple starting heights. The frequency program can only handle one trajectory per tdump file.

Return to “HYSPLIT for PCs”