issues using/installing Tcl/tk

Post any questions or comments regarding the Desktop PC version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to include the operating system you are using (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
lhb999
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

issues using/installing Tcl/tk

Post by lhb999 »

Hello! I am trying to install HYSPLIT desktop, but I am encountering problems. When I try to run wish86t.exe, I get the error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)." Additionally, when I ask HYSPLIT to run through this application, I am unable to. Do you know what is happening and what I can do to make this work correctly?

Thank you for your help!
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: issues using/installing Tcl/tk

Post by sonny.zinn »

What version of Windows does your computer run? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit Windows?
lhb999

Post by lhb999 »

I have Windows 10 and it is 64 bit Windows. I didn't see a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version of tcl/tk--do I need the 64 bit versions of ghostview and ghostscript? (Thanks for your reply!)
sonny.zinn

Post by sonny.zinn »

Please refer to viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1824 if you have not done that yet. Where did you download your tck/tk?

Ghostscript, gsview, and ActiveTcl on my Windows 10 are all 64-bit versions.
lhb999

Post by lhb999 »

Thank you. I needed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
lhb999

Post by lhb999 »

Now I can get HYSPLIT to open, but I'm encountering another issue. GSvew needs my registration number, but the link it sends me to to register online says it is no longer possible to register.
sonny.zinn

Post by sonny.zinn »

Registering GSview 5.0 may not be not required to use the software. It is licensed under the Aladdin Free Public License Version 7. Please check the license terms.
lhb999

Post by lhb999 »

Thank you. I got that to work.

Another very basic question because I have only used the web version of HYSPLIT before and I am unaccustomed to having any input settings other than location, time, and meteorological variables to track--I need the desktop version because I need longer trajectories than the web version can give--what meteorology files do you add in the trajectory setup? How do you get these files? Do you just start a blank file? Do you need to put certain information into a file, or is there a way for HYSPLIT to generate this?

Thank you again for your help!
lhb999

Post by lhb999 »

OK I got that figured out--sorry for the really basic questions. I have more but I'll start a new thread because they aren't about Tcl/Tk

Return to “HYSPLIT for PCs”