Trajectory display (seemingly) not producing a file.

Post any questions or comments regarding the Desktop PC version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to include the operating system you are using (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
cm922
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Trajectory display (seemingly) not producing a file.

Post by cm922 »

Hello everyone,

I've set up TCL/TK and got hysplit working, and installed the relevant Anaconda3 packages that should allow the Trajectory Display program to output with Python to pdf. However, when I click "execute display", the following comes up:

C:\hysplit\working>"C:/Users/[NAME]/anaconda3/envs/hysplit/../../Scripts/activate.bat" "C:/Users/[NAME]/anaconda3/envs/hysplit" && python.exe "C:/hysplit/exec/trajplot.py" --interactive --debug -iC:/hysplit/working/TrajectoryOutput/RE2008_02122020_ -otrajplot.pdf -jC:/hysplit/graphics/arlmap -m1 -k1 -l6 -z50 -v1 -a3 -s1 -g4:100 -h-74:-78.0

and it seems like no pdf file of the trajectory is created, certainly not one I can find at least. Has anyone else had this issue/is there an easy fix?

Thank you all,

-C
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Trajectory display (seemingly) not producing a file.

Post by sonny.zinn »

The problem might be caused by the pandas python package. The Hysplit Python graphics works well with pandas 1.0.1 but it does not with 1.1.1. Please see viewtopic.php?p=6069#p6069.
cm922

Post by cm922 »

Thank you for the reply.

I did what you mentioned in that thread and it throws up this error:

ImportError: cannot import name '_NDFrameIndexer' from 'pandas.core.indexing' (C:\Users\Cian\anaconda3\envs\hysplit\lib\site-packages\pandas-1.1.4-py3.7-win-amd64.egg\pandas\core\indexing.py)

Do I need to change to pandas 1.0.1, and if so how would I do that?
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Post by sonny.zinn »

The following worked with my Windows 10 laptop. Open an Anaconda Prompt. Then run:

> conda activate hysplit
> python -m pip install pandas==1.0.1

Let me know if this resolved the Python graphics issue.
cm922

Post by cm922 »

This works and produces a figure. Thank you so much for your help!
cm922

Post by cm922 »

Apologies for a follow up problem, but I'm now trying to use the Trajectory Frequency Plot program.

Daily run program works and produces the files in C:\hysplit\working
INFILE can be created from these in the Trajectory Frequency Plot program.
Program can be executed, and it creates the initial freqplot.pdf in C:\hysplit\working

However, the simulation never finishes, ending up stuck with the following simulation log indefinitely:
Gridding: trajfreq -ftfreq.bin -g1.0 -iINFILE -r0 -s500:3000 -b000000000001
Input files processed: 120
Count sum over entire domain: 2499.000
Total number of traj: 120
Total endpoint count: 5760
Endpoints/Trajectory: 48
Complete Trajfreq
and also a second log with thousands of mainly font related statements:
01:47:19.121 DEBUG matplotlib.font_manager - findfont: score(<Font 'Kristen ITC' (ITCKRIST.TTF) normal normal 400 normal>) = 10.05
01:47:19.127 DEBUG matplotlib.font_manager - findfont: score(<Font 'Franklin Gothic Heavy' (FRAHVIT.TTF) italic normal heavy normal>) = 11.43
01:47:19.127 DEBUG matplotlib.font_manager - findfont: score(<Font 'Microsoft YaHei' (msyhl.ttc) normal normal light normal>) = 10.24
01:47:19.128 DEBUG matplotlib.font_manager - findfont: score(<Font 'Calisto MT' (CALISTBI.TTF) italic normal bold normal>) = 11.335
01:47:22.528 DEBUG matplotlib.font_manager - findfont: Matching :family=DejaVu Sans Display:style=normal:variant=normal:weight=normal:stretch=normal:size=10.0 to DejaVu Sans Display ('C:\\Users\\[NAME]\\anaconda3\\envs\\hysplit\\lib\\site-packages\\matplotlib\\mpl-data\\fonts\\ttf\\DejaVuSansDisplay.ttf') with score of 0.050000.
The produced pdf file can't be opened (I assume it's not been written to by the program as it only has a size of 1KB). This particular run was done with trajectories every six hours for a month, but even just a file with trajectories every hour for a day caused the same issue.

Return to “HYSPLIT for PCs”