HYSPLIT Installation in Windows 10

Post any questions or comments regarding the Desktop PC version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to include the operating system you are using (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
Hossan
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

HYSPLIT Installation in Windows 10

Post by Hossan »

Hello,

Recently I have updated my computer to Windows 10 and I am trying to install the registered version of Hysplit in windows 10 (I have used Hysplit in Windows 7 successfully).

Installation is successful. But when I am trying to open "Run Hysplit4" icon, a prompt asking "How do you want to open this file?" (attached screenshot).

Would you please help me with that?

Thanks in advance
Attachments
Hysplit.png
sonny.zinn

Re: HYSPLIT Installation in Windows 10

Post by sonny.zinn »

There was another user who had the same issue. Please refer to viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1684.
Hossan

Post by Hossan »

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I have installed the Tcl/Tk, Ghostscript, and ImageMagick. But it did not solve the problem.
Hossan

Post by Hossan »

Update,
Hysplit is Running in my system. Here is what I did:

"right-click the HYSPLIT shortcut "Run Hysplit" on the desktop, then Properties. In the Target: field, add C:\tcl\bin\wish86t.exe before C:\hysplit4\guicode\hysplit4.tcl (assuming hysplit was installed in C:\hysplit4 and separate these two strings with a blank space)"
hycaorel

Post by hycaorel »

Hossan wrote:
November 19th, 2019, 10:26 am
Hello,

Recently I have updated my computer to Windows 10 and I am trying to install the registered version of Hysplit in windows 10 (I have used Hysplit in Windows 7 successfully).

Installation is successful. But when I am trying to open "Run Hysplit4" icon, a prompt asking "How do you want to open this file?" (attached screenshot).

Would you please help me with that?

Thanks in advance
Same issue here, any updates?
sonny.zinn

Post by sonny.zinn »

The resolution depends on where Tcl is installed on your Windows 10 computer. On my computer, the program for executing a tcl script is located at C:\ActiveTcl\bin\wish.exe.

At the "How do you want to open this file?" prompt, click "More apps" and scroll down until you see "Look for another app on this PC." Click the "Look for another app ..." link. A window will open. Point the window to where wish.exe is located on your computer and click "open." For me, it would be C:\ActiveTcl\bin\wish.exe.

Return to “HYSPLIT for PCs”