Do you need Ghostscript?

Post any questions or comments regarding the Desktop PC version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to include the operating system you are using (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
Beroy
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Do you need Ghostscript?

Post by Beroy »

Do you need ghostscript to run HYSPLIT? I downloaded everything according to the directions on one of my computers. The problem is that ghostscript takes over and now all of my .pdf files show in ghostscript. In addition to that I never view the map and always export the data to ArcGIS. I'm about to load hysplit on another computer and I am wondering if I need to load ghostscript if I don't view the map. Any advice or help managing ghostscript would be appreciated.
ariel.stein
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Do you need Ghostscript?

Post by ariel.stein »

You do not need ghostcript to run HYSPLIT. Ghostscrip/ghostview is used to read, view, and convert the postcript files generated by the program that converts the hysplit output (tdump or cdump) to a postcript graphic. If you are using ArcGIS to visualize your hysplit outputs you should be fine.

Return to “HYSPLIT for PCs”