Directory to execute hyts_std.exe

Post any questions or comments regarding the Desktop PC version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to include the operating system you are using (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
michim
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Directory to execute hyts_std.exe

Post by michim »

Hello,

From which directory hyts_std.exe can be executed properly from the commend line of a Windows PC? Although it is explained as "The file should be located in the model run directory - either \trajmdl for command line simulations…", this directory does not exist. From my experience any directory beneath "\hysplit4", including "\working" works. It seems a relative path to \bodyfiles\ASCDATA.CFG is an issue. I'd like to know if my understanding is correct, to perform trajectory analysis as expected and to validate our calculations in the past.

Thank you.
ariel.stein
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Directory to execute hyts_std.exe

Post by ariel.stein »

In general, the executable is run from the working directory. However, you can make your own directory to work from. The only files you need to run the model are ASCDATA.CFG and CONTROL.
michim

Post by michim »

Hello,

Thank you for the guidance. I have another question. What is the appropriate means to prepare SETUP.CFG using a newly-installed Windows-PC version of HYSPLIT, if GUI is not available? I'd like to have an template to prepare SETUP.CFG for our calculations. I found TRAJ.CFG was generated after the execution of hyts_std.exe without SETUP.CFG. Is it appropriate to use this TRAJ.CFG as the template? I'd like to explain the standard means to the group members in our laboratory. Thank you for your help.
ariel.stein

Post by ariel.stein »

In your hysplit4 directory installation you should have a subdirectory named "html". Open the file called S410.htm which contains a description of all the parameters that go in the SETUP.CFG file.
michim

Post by michim »

Thank you. Although S410.htm provides information on namelist variables, the format of SETUP.CFG is not explained. In the SETUP.CFG file I have (it is probably from TRAJ.CFG), "&SETUP" and "/" are written in the first and last lines, respectively. Between the lines of "&SETUP" and "/", namelist variables are given as "parameter name = value" followed by comma. Further, single spaces are added to all the lines. I believe they are the format of SETUP.CFG but I could not find an explanation to confirm it. Would you let me know if they are correct?
ariel.stein

Post by ariel.stein »

Yes, the format of the file is as you defined it in your message.

Return to “HYSPLIT for PCs”