Adding variables to trajectory in hysplit/Pysplit

Post any questions or comments regarding the Desktop PC version of HYSPLIT. This includes the model execution, GUIs, results, or graphics. Be sure to include the operating system you are using (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
Daan van den Broek
Registered HYSPLIT User: No

Adding variables to trajectory in hysplit/Pysplit

Post by Daan van den Broek »

Hi,

I have succesfully run trajectories through python. However, I only get the standard outputs (such as location, time, height and pressure). I would also like to output humidity, temperature and potential temperature in my trajectories.

I tried to accomplish this by running trajectories after changing the TRAJ.CFG file in my the hysplit/working directory. I set tm_tpot, tm_tamb and tm_relh and tm_sphu from 0 to 1. However, when running my trajectory generator code, this file gets automatically reset so that the values I changed are now set back to '0', and the trajectory output does not include these variables. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Best regards,
Daan
sonny.zinn
Registered HYSPLIT User: Yes

Re: Adding variables to trajectory in hysplit/Pysplit

Post by sonny.zinn »

It is SETUP.CFG that needs to be modified for additional meteorological variables along a trajectory.

If you are using the HYSPLIT graphical user interface, from the top menu, click Advanced > Configuration Setup > Trajectory > (6) Menu. This is where to specify additional meteorological variables.

Return to “HYSPLIT for PCs”