Search found 362 matches
- April 17th, 2018, 8:58 am
- Forum: HYSPLIT Workshop
- Topic: HYSPLIT Tutorial Videos
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3675
We recently added a series of HYSPLIT workshop videos that correspond with the current HYSPLIT Tutorial, both of which can be found at: https://www.ready.noaa.gov/HYSPLIT_Tutorials.php These series of videos (mp4) cover the same material as presented in the online HYSPLIT Tutorial. The instructor is...
- March 30th, 2018, 9:12 am
- Forum: Trajectory Model
- Topic: Back trajectories with user entered met data
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2009
The issue is that the program that uses the surface observation only creates a 250 x 250 km grid centered over your observation location. It is only designed to be used for very short range simulations since using one surface observation is not representative the farther you are away from the observ...
- March 26th, 2018, 9:43 am
- Forum: Announce
- Topic: 2018 HYSPLIT Workshop Registration
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4589
Registration for the 2018 HYSPLIT workshop will open today at approximately noon EDT (1600 UTC). A 4 day HYSPLIT workshop will be given June 12 – 15, 2018, at the NOAA Center for Weather and Climate Prediction (NCWCP) in College Park, Maryland. The workshop will be focused on the use of the model on...
- March 21st, 2018, 6:36 am
- Forum: HYSPLIT for PCs
- Topic: HYSPLIT running period
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2100
You did not provide your CONTROL file but there is a limit of 12 meteorological filenames allowed in the CONTROL file, so you will have to concatenate your meteorological files. Search for concatenate in the forum and you will find similar questions/answers such as: https://hysplitbbs.arl.noaa.gov/v...
A 3-day PC/Mac HYSPLIT workshop will be given May 15-17, 2018, in Barcelona, Spain (a workshop is also planned for College Park, MD on June 12-15, 2018). The Barcelona workshop will be focused on the use of the most recent version of the model on the PC/Mac and its applications. This workshop is a s...
- February 27th, 2018, 9:59 am
- Forum: Radiological
- Topic: The difference between two type of spacing in concentration modeling
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2774
Because the calculation of concentration is mass/volume and since your grid cell is larger in the first one, hence a larger volume, and therefore the concentration will be less assuming the mass is approximately the same in the grid box. Similarly for deposition, the calculation is mass/area and sin...
- February 22nd, 2018, 10:32 am
- Forum: Repositories of HYSPLIT formatted data
- Topic: NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis file RP201712.gbl is missing from the FTP site
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3100
Thank you, we added the file.
- February 16th, 2018, 11:38 am
- Forum: Conversion programs
- Topic: User-Entered Meteorological Data with no GUI
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2655
The programs that do this are included in the PC distribution and are called: Surface data to ARL format: stn2arl.exe Usage: stn2arl [filein] [fileout] [clat] [clon] [optional process ID number] Creates multiple time periods ARL packed from surface obs 07 09 04 11 00 270 5.0 1500.0 4 07 09 04 12 00 ...